sábado, 26 de abril de 2008

Questions...

And here I lay,
In the dark,
Trying to fall asleep,
Waiting for my tired head to finally give me peace,
And a chance to stop thinking of the million things going on in my head,

I long for sleep, rest and above all... a peace of mind,
Hah! Just the thought of that is laughable,
"There's no rest for the wicked" they say,
It's true...

As I lay here and think.. a thought torments my mind...
Why now?
Why not at the beginning?
Was I too blind to see this?
Was I just too busy to realise that things were eventually going to get to this point?

Had you looked at me then the same way you do now?
Had you thought about me this way before?
Have you been longing to tell me something that seems more and more apparent each time I'm with you?
Is there something that should be said about all of this?
Or should we just ignore all of it, and when the time comes we each go our separate ways?

Hah! I grin at the fact that all this might be true...
That most likely... this will come to and end and we'll be "free" to go and each live our lives as if nothing ever was...
But...
What's going to happen when I come back?
Will things have changed drastically?
Will you have been able to move on without thinking twice about it?

As I lay here almost falling to sleep,
The last thought on my mind...
Is you...

Sem comentários: